Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a Japanese anime television series that was produced by Bones. It is an adaptation of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series written and illustrated by Hiromu Arakawa. The series aired in Japan from 2009 to 2010, and it ran for 64 episodes.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood follows the story of Edward and Alphonse Elric, two brothers who lost their mother to an illness when they were young. In an attempt to bring her back, they tried to perform human transmutation, a forbidden alchemical ritual. However, the ritual went wrong, and Edward lost his left leg and Alphonse lost his entire body. Edward was able to attach Alphonse's soul to a suit of armor, but at the cost of his right arm.
The two brothers then set out on a journey to find the Philosopher's Stone, a powerful artifact that can grant them their bodies back. Along the way, they encounter many challenges, including the corrupt government, the military, and the homunculus, a group of artificial humans created by the father of alchemy.
- Edward Elric (エドワード・エルリック): The protagonist of the series. He is a young alchemist who lost his left leg and right arm in an attempt to bring his mother back to life. He is determined to find the Philosopher's Stone and restore his body.
- Alphonse Elric (アルフォンス・エルリック): The younger brother of Edward. He lost his entire body in the attempt to bring their mother back to life, but his soul was attached to a suit of armor. He is kind and gentle, but he is also very determined.
- Winry Rockbell (ウィンリィ・ロックベル): Edward's childhood friend and mechanic. She is skilled in fixing automail, which is artificial limbs. She is also very protective of Edward and Alphonse.
- Roy Mustang (ロイ・マスタング): A State Alchemist and the Fuhrer's (the leader of the country) right-hand man. He is a skilled alchemist and a powerful fighter. He is also very ambitious and wants to become the Fuhrer himself.
- Maes Hughes (マーズ・ヒューズ): A State Alchemist and Edward and Alphonse's friend. He is a kind and gentle man who is always willing to help others. He is also a skilled investigator.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood explores many themes, including the nature of life and death, the importance of family, and the power of friendship. It also deals with the consequences of human transmutation, and the dangers of using too much power.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was a critical and commercial success. It was praised for its animation, story, characters, and themes. The series won numerous awards, including the Kodansha Manga Award and the Animage Grand Prix.
Why you should watch it
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a must-watch for any anime fan. It is a well-written and well-animated series with a compelling story and memorable characters. It is also a thought-provoking series that explores many important themes.
Keywords: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, anime, action, adventure, fantasy, drama, shounen
Call to action:
- Start watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood today!
- Read the original manga series.
- Join the Fullmetal Alchemist fan community.
I hope this article was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.