BlizzCon 2023 is finally here, and the opening ceremony was packed with announcements and reveals for fans of all Blizzard games. From new content for World of Warcraft, Diablo IV, and Overwatch 2, to new mobile games and even a tabletop RPG, there was something for everyone at BlizzCon this year.
Here's a roundup of everything that was announced at the BlizzCon 2023 opening ceremony:
World of Warcraft
- Dragonflight expansion: The next expansion for World of Warcraft is called Dragonflight, and it will take players back to the Dragon Isles, a continent that hasn't been seen in the game since the Cataclysm expansion. Dragonflight will introduce a new race, the Dracthyr, who can transform into dragons. It will also add a new class, the Evoker, which is a ranged class that can specialize in healing or damage.
- New features: Dragonflight will also add a number of new features to World of Warcraft, including a new talent system, a new profession system, and a new dragonriding system.
- Release date: Dragonflight is scheduled to be released in 2024.
- New trailer: Blizzard released a new trailer for Diablo IV at the opening ceremony, which showed off more of the game's dark and gritty world.
- New features: Diablo IV will introduce a number of new features to the Diablo series, including a new open world, new character classes, and new ways to play.
- Release date: Diablo IV is scheduled to be released in 2023.
- New heroes and maps: Blizzard announced two new heroes and two new maps for Overwatch 2. The new heroes are Sojourn and Junker Queen. The new maps are Circuit Royal and Midtown.
- New features: Overwatch 2 will also introduce a number of new features, including a new 5v5 multiplayer mode, a new PvE mode, and a new hero progression system.
- Release date: Overwatch 2 is scheduled to be released in 2023.
New mobile games
- Warcraft Mobile: Blizzard announced a new Warcraft mobile game that is currently in development. The game is being developed in partnership with NetEase, and it is expected to be released in 2023.
- Diablo Immortal: Blizzard also announced that Diablo Immortal, which is a free-to-play mobile game set in the Diablo universe, will be released on June 2nd, 2023.
New tabletop RPG
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic: Blizzard announced a new tabletop RPG based on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft. The game is being developed in partnership with Modiphius Entertainment, and it is expected to be released in 2023.
- World of Warcraft
- Diablo IV
- Overwatch 2
- Warcraft Mobile
- Diablo Immortal
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Open world
- New character classes
- New ways to play
- 5v5 multiplayer mode
- PvE mode
- Hero progression system
I hope this roundup of the BlizzCon 2023 opening ceremony announcements was helpful. Be sure to check back for more news and updates on all of Blizzard's games in the coming months.