Tom Cruise is one of the most successful and iconic actors in Hollywood history. He has starred in over 40 films, and his movies have grossed over $10 billion worldwide. Cruise is known for his action-packed blockbusters, but he has also starred in a number of critically acclaimed dramas and comedies.
Here are some of the best Tom Cruise movies of all time:
- Risky Business (1983): This comedy tells the story of a high school student who starts a prostitution ring in his parents' house while they're away. Cruise's performance in this film earned him his first Golden Globe nomination.
- Top Gun (1986): This action film made Cruise a household name. He stars as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, a hotshot pilot who trains to become an elite fighter pilot. Top Gun was a huge box office success, and it's still considered one of the best action movies ever made.
- Rain Man (1988): This drama tells the story of a young man who inherits his father's fortune, but he must share it with his autistic brother. Cruise stars opposite Dustin Hoffman in this film, which won four Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Hoffman.
- Born on the Fourth of July (1989): This biographical drama tells the story of Ron Kovic, a Vietnam War veteran who becomes a paraplegic after being injured in combat. Cruise stars in this film, which was directed by Oliver Stone. Born on the Fourth of July was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Cruise.
- Mission: Impossible (1996): This action film launched the Mission: Impossible franchise. Cruise stars as Ethan Hunt, a spy who must stop a terrorist organization from stealing nuclear launch codes. Mission: Impossible was a critical and commercial success, and it spawned a series of sequels.
- Jerry Maguire (1996): This sports drama tells the story of a sports agent who quits his job to start his own agency. Cruise stars opposite Renee Zellweger in this film, which was directed by Cameron Crowe. Jerry Maguire was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Cruise.
- Minority Report (2002): This science fiction thriller tells the story of a police officer who uses precognitive technology to stop crimes before they happen. Cruise stars in this film, which was directed by Steven Spielberg. Minority Report was a critical and commercial success, and it won two Academy Awards for Best Visual Effects and Best Sound Editing.
- The Last Samurai (2003): This historical drama tells the story of a U.S. Cavalry captain who is sent to Japan to train the country's new army. Cruise stars in this film, which was directed by Edward Zwick. The Last Samurai was a critical and commercial success, and it earned Cruise an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018): This action film is the sixth installment in the Mission: Impossible franchise. Cruise stars as Ethan Hunt, who must stop a group of terrorists from using nuclear weapons. Mission: Impossible – Fallout was a critical and commercial success, and it was one of the highest-grossing films of 2018.
These are just a few of the best Tom Cruise movies of all time. He has starred in a wide variety of films, and he always gives a great performance. If you're a fan of Tom Cruise, or if you're just looking for a great movie to watch, be sure to check out one of these films.
Keywords: Tom Cruise, movies, best, action, drama, comedy, biography, thriller, science fiction, historical
Target audience: Fans of Tom Cruise, people who enjoy action movies, dramas, comedies, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, and historical films.
Call to action: Watch one of the best Tom Cruise movies today!