The new film Kandahar tells the story of a young woman named Nadia who flees her home in Afghanistan after her family is killed in a Taliban attack. Nadia makes her way to the city of Kandahar, where she hopes to find a way to safety. However, Kandahar is a dangerous place for women, and Nadia must use all of her strength and cunning to survive.
Kandahar is a powerful and moving film that tells a story that is both timely and heartbreaking. The film is directed by Saba Sahar, who was born in Afghanistan and grew up in exile. Sahar brings a unique perspective to the film, and her work is both visually stunning and emotionally resonant.
Kandahar is currently playing in select theaters. You can also watch it on demand or online.
Here are some ways to watch Kandahar:
- In theaters: Kandahar is currently playing in select theaters. You can find a list of theaters near you by visiting the film's website.
- On demand: Kandahar is available to rent or purchase on demand through various platforms, including Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, and Google Play.
- Online: Kandahar is also available to stream online through various platforms, including Hulu and Netflix.
Here are some things to know about Kandahar before you watch it:
- The film is based on a true story: The film Kandahar is based on the true story of Saba Sahar's own experience growing up in Afghanistan. Sahar's family fled Afghanistan when she was a child, and she spent many years in exile. The film is a fictionalized account of Sahar's experiences, but it is based on real events.
- The film is directed by a woman: Kandahar is directed by Saba Sahar, who was born in Afghanistan and grew up in exile. Sahar is the first Afghan woman to direct a feature film. Sahar's unique perspective gives the film a powerful and personal feel.
- The film is shot in Afghanistan: Kandahar was shot on location in Afghanistan. The film's production was a challenge, as the filmmakers had to work under difficult conditions. However, the film's authenticity is one of its strengths.
Kandahar is a powerful and moving film that tells a story that is both timely and heartbreaking. The film is a must-see for anyone interested in Afghanistan or in the experiences of women in war-torn countries.