Germany and Ukraine will face off in an international friendly on Monday, June 12, 2023. The match will be played at the Weserstadion in Bremen, Germany, and kick off is scheduled for 12 noon ET/9 a.m. PT.
Germany are the clear favorites to win this match. They are currently ranked No. 1 in the FIFA World Rankings, while Ukraine are ranked No. 27. Germany have also won their last four matches against Ukraine, including a 3-1 victory in the 2020 Nations League.
However, Ukraine will be hoping to cause an upset. They are currently in the midst of a successful qualifying campaign for the 2024 European Championships, and they have a number of talented players in their squad, including Andriy Yarmolenko, Roman Yaremchuk, and Oleksandr Zinchenko.
The match will be broadcast live in the United States on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes. It will also be available to stream live on ESPN+.
Here are the ways to watch the match:
- In the United States: ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN+
- In the United Kingdom: Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Main Event
- In Canada: TSN, RDS
- In Australia: Kayo Sports, beIN Sports
- In Germany: DAZN
- In Ukraine: Megogo
Here are some of the key players to watch for in the match:
- Kai Havertz: The Chelsea midfielder is one of the most exciting young players in the world. He has the ability to score goals and create chances, and he will be a key threat for Germany in this match.
- Joshua Kimmich: The Bayern Munich midfielder is a versatile player who can play in a number of positions. He is a good passer and dribbler, and he is also strong in the air.
- Leon Goretzka: The Bayern Munich midfielder is a powerful player who is good at winning the ball back. He is also a good passer and dribbler, and he can score goals from long range.
- Andriy Yarmolenko: The West Ham United winger is Ukraine's most dangerous player. He is a good dribbler and finisher, and he has scored 23 goals for his country in 106 appearances.
- Roman Yaremchuk: The Benfica striker is a strong and physical player who is good at holding up the ball. He has scored 12 goals for Ukraine in 51 appearances.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko: The Manchester City left-back is a versatile player who can also play in midfield. He is a good passer and dribbler, and he is also good at defending.
This is a match that could go either way. Germany are the favorites, but Ukraine have the talent to cause an upset. The match is sure to be a close one, and it should be an entertaining watch.