Rangers v Glasgow City: How to watch the SWPL title decider on TV and live stream
The Scottish Women's Premier League title race comes to a head on Sunday as Rangers host Glasgow City at Ibrox.
The two sides are level on points at the top of the table, with Rangers holding a slight goal difference advantage.
A win for either side would see them crowned champions, while a draw would mean the title will be decided on goal difference.
The match will be broadcast live on BBC Alba in Scotland and on the BBC Sport website and app in the UK.
Kick-off is at 4:10pm BST.
Here is more information on how to watch the match:
In the UK
- BBC Alba: The match will be broadcast live on BBC Alba in Scotland. Coverage begins at 4pm BST.
- BBC Sport website and app: The match will also be streamed live on the BBC Sport website and app in the UK.
Outside the UK
- BBC iPlayer: The match will be available to watch on BBC iPlayer outside the UK.
Rangers have been in excellent form in recent weeks, winning their last six league matches.
They are unbeaten in their last 10 league matches and have scored 37 goals in that time.
Glasgow City have also been in good form, winning four of their last five league matches.
They are unbeaten in their last 11 league matches and have scored 34 goals in that time.
The two sides have met three times this season, with each side winning one match and the other match ending in a draw.
The last time the two sides met was in March, when Rangers won 2-1 at Broadwood Stadium.
This is a tough match to call, as both sides are in excellent form.
However, I think Rangers will edge it at Ibrox. They have a slight home advantage and have been in better form in recent weeks.
I am predicting a 2-1 win for Rangers.
Rangers have no major injury concerns ahead of the match.
However, midfielder Rachel McLauchlan is a doubt after picking up a knock in training.
Glasgow City have a number of injury concerns ahead of the match.
Defenders Megan Beattie and Rachel Corsie are both out injured, while midfielder Leanne Crichton is a doubt.
- Brogan Hay: The Rangers captain has been in excellent form this season, scoring 10 goals in the league.
- Lizzie Arnot: The Northern Ireland international has been a key player for Rangers since joining the club in January.
- Nicola Docherty: The Scotland international has been in good form in recent weeks, scoring three goals in her last five league matches.
- Caroline Weir: The Scotland international is one of the best players in the world. She has scored 14 goals in the league this season.
- Charlie Wellings: The England international has been in excellent form since joining Glasgow City in January. She has scored 10 goals in the league this season.
- Hayley Lauder: The Scotland international has been a key player for Glasgow City this season. She has scored five goals in the league this season.
- Rangers manager Steven Gerrard: "This is a massive game for us. We know what's at stake and we're determined to win the title. We've been in good form recently and we're confident we can get the job done."
- Glasgow City manager Scott Booth: "This is a huge game for us. We know what's at stake and we're determined to win the title. We've been in good form recently and we're confident we can get the job done."
This is a huge match for both Rangers and Glasgow City. The two sides are level on points at the top of the table and a win for either side would see them crowned champions.
I think this will be a close match, but I am predicting a 2-1 win for Rangers.
Post a Comment